turmeric fun facts
We're all about turmeric this November. Check out our list of fun facts for some surprising uses for this ancient spice.
- Turmeric serves as a natural pain reliever.
- It also aids in digestion and gives our bodies liver support.
- It is a good source of Vitamin C, Magnesium, Iron and Potassium.
- Turmeric an be used for moderate skincare, especially for pimples, but be careful and keep in mind that it is widely used as a dye.
- Turmeric is often used as a fabric dye for clothing.
- Turmeric can be used for cupcake frosting and mustard coloring. The most common yellow dye, Yellow #5, is a petroleum byproduct, so use turmeric for a brilliant yellow coloring instead.
- Turmeric is a natural antivenom for bites from a King Cobra.
- If you have a leak in your water-cooled radiator, you can add a spoonful of the powder and the leakage will stop.
- You can make a paste out of turmeric to get rid of unwanted hair.
- Curcumin found inside Turmeric is also the only food that’s been shown to “melt away” ominous beta-amyloid plaques associated with cognitive diseases.
- The use of turmeric dates back nearly 4000 years to the Vedic culture in India, where it was used as a culinary spice and had some religious significance. India is currently the world’s largest producer and consumer of the powder.
Ready for a dose of turmeric? Come by your Juice Bar and order a Toomeric Monster Shot!
Have fun. Be Amazing.